Westwood Middle School Principal Blog

Spring Lake Park Schools

The First Month of School

Hello Everyone,

It is hard to believe but the first month of the school year is nearly behind us.  I don’t know where the time goes. 

Last evening we had our first parent meeting for the year.  At the meeting, I shared our focus for the year regarding building goals and our professional development plan.  It is important for me that you know what we are learning while your students aren’t in school! 

The other thing we talked about is our charge to be prepared to move to a 6 period day next year.  The leadership team at our building has been studying and discussing our options for months.  It is our goal to be done by November. This will allow families to register for next year by late winter.  Please watch this site as well as our website for updates regarding this.

As always, if you have questions or thoughts about our school, I want to know.  I firmly believe that I learn a great deal from listening to our families.  Your experiences are important to me.  You can always email me at [email protected]

Thanks for your time and I look forward to the communication via our blog this school year!

Paula